Mike Strickland & Your Orchestra
A Pops Evening with Mike Strickland Pure Piano Magic
Mike’s original, full orchestra arrangements include pop, jazz, movie themes, show tunes, and original works. Having recorded 22 CDs of his own over the years as well as producing over 60 CD projects for other artists, Mike brings his valuable experience of arranging to the concert stage. He provides his own scores for the players and conductor. He performs as a featured soloist with orchestra as well as with a piano trio (bass and drums) plus orchestra.
The video on the above is Mike with the Salem Pops Orchestra. Concert Excerpts include Original composition Anthem, Bumble Boogie, Dizzy Fingers with guest artist Elizabeth Strickland, Elizabeth plays Chopin, Original composition Floating.
- Medley with Debussy’s Arabesque, Claire de Lune, Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera
- The Dream Waltz (An original lilting waltz reminiscent of Strauss period, used on the Viennese Waltz Final on PBS America’s Ballroom Challenge.)
- Watching the World Go By (Another original, haunting and dynamic.)
- Ode To Joy (Very big, joyous and dynamic.)
- Bumble Boogie (This can also be done with jazz trio plus orchestra: piano, bass and drums.)
- Little Drummer Boy (Done in a Bolero/Rumba feel.)
- Yuletide Dance (An original piece – male vocal plus piano and orchestra. Very uplifting, inspirational and a wonderful holiday piece.)
- Floating (An original piano feature piece – romantic, very sweeping.)
- Anthem (A new original work – has an Olympic theme quality.)
- Dizzy Fingers (2 or 4 hands one piano plus orchestra – classic Zez Confrey novelty piano piece, post-ragtime.)
- Fantasy (A new original driving tango piece – Think Piazzolla.)
- Love Story (classic sweeping movie theme with big piano runs)
- Pretty Money (an original waltz, charming – reminds one of Michel Legrand)
- Custom Scoring (I can score a couple of new pieces if needed that can fit in with the theme of the program.)
For booking please contact via the contact page.